Rebellion problem? Barracks?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rebellion problem? Barracks?

Hello,

I've recently conquered a lot of North America and since my capitol is in the middle of South America I have rebellion problems. The worst part is that they are rebelling to NPC controlled state nearby and I don't want to engage another country due to the fact that I am in war with 3 countries already.

Anyway - Some player ingame told me that if I build barracks that they will stop rebellion problems? Is this true?
      Do they have to be ENABLED to prevent this?

Thanks in advance
    • Barracks won't do anything for you.

Read my complete guide to morale and rebellions at the top of this section of the forum
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I have one other idea for large maps.

For the 100 player map, and perhaps 50s, you can also engulf several AI territories that have no units or ICs in them and set it to peace. They will build capitals, and you should do this early on when moral is not a big issue. Its east and you get a gold boost later on too when you decide you need the morale boost. It can be done to active players, but they usually know they have no chance and go inactive quickly. Often they will accept peace for some reason.

Late in large maps, you often are fighting large counties far away from home, and the easy capitals are taken up. To maintain production, I do build forts in my cores in the chance I will need to relocate my capital, but that is a last resort for me because my resource production usually goes down.
    • injinji wrote:

I just keep anti tank and anti air in provinces that are likely to rebel, I've never lost a province when I did that, even if they rebelled.
      The success of the conventional (i.e. non-self-propelled) anti-aircraft regiment as an occupation unit in suppressing rebellions is tied to the unit's strength points being 7 points or greater. Any unit with 7 or more strength points, taking into account terrain and partial damage, will suppress a rebellion in a province with 25% or greater morale. Slightly more strength points may be required if the province's morale dips below 25%, on a sliding scale (see @Lawrence Czl's recent thread where he has deciphered that scale). The beauty of using conventional AA units for occupation units is they are quick (6 hours) and inexpensive to produce when you need them, and they are actually useful for something other than garrison duty.

But remember AA and SPAA units are different; SPAA is an armor-class unit, and loses 50% of its strength in cities and 25% of its strength in mountains -- and rebellions against SPAA units in those terrains might surprise you. Also remember that an L1 conventional AA unit only has 5 strength points, and an L2 conventional AA unit only has 6; only the L3+ AA units have 7 or more strength points.

The post was edited 4 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• @MontanaBB she said AT not SPAA. I do the same thing for provinces I want to hold until morale improves. 1 AA and 1 AT. The AT in combo with AA also helps versus those players who like to run a lone LT or AC through back water areas on some long autopilot race course.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda