Bombarding enemy units on neutral territory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bombarding enemy units on neutral territory

Bombarding enemy units on neutral territory with artillery or naval gunfire -- does this start a war with the neutral country?

I know the developers have tinkered with the game dynamics of patrolling aircraft over neutral territory, but have there been any changes regarding the start of an unintended war with a neutral country when you attack enemy units on neutral territory?

This was not the case in the past, but I am uncertain as to the current status of this dynamic.

Also, can we use direct attacks or patrolling by aircraft units on enemy units in neutral territory without starting a war with the neutral country?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• What I know, but have not yet re-tested:
      According to the November news, war will now only triggered when bombarding enemies in neutral territory by rockets - in the past this could also happen by other units with too much area damage.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Rockets are the only type of attack that I worry about. A rocket attack can even turn a share map relation to war in some cases, so I try and make sure that I only rocket on enemy or coalition territory.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Thanks, y'all.

I have confirmed that bombarding enemy units in neutral with artillery will not start an unintended war with the neutral country. I have also used patrolling aircraft to pick off stray enemy units in neutral provinces, too, with the same results.

The rocket exception, to the apparent general rule, is duly noted.