Most Feared Nation : AI Reactions in Historic World At War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Most Feared Nation : AI Reactions in Historic World At War

In recent gameplay, I have been playing Persia in a HWW 25p map. To begin : the economy starts out terrible, which is normal because it's a HWW map. That said, my economy has been further crippled by not one or two, but every single AI country on the map either giving me a Trade Embargo or outright declaring war. I have only invaded four countries (not, it's day 16), one of which had previously declared war on me : I invaded Afghanistan (a small AI), Iraq (a slightly larger AI), and a defunct USSR (with my two partners). It was during my campaign in USSR that Saudi Arabia declares war on me and I quickly move troops and invade, which is fine. My two issues with having the entire map give me Trade Embargo for just playing the game are:

1/ My production is very low, but my cash income is fairly decent and I could have been able to buy items in the Market, but with the Trade Embargo most nations will not buy from me or sell from me. Without this ability to trade, building an army and a strong economy are very difficult to accomplish.
      2/ Most of the countries on the map have gone inactive and seeing as Saudi Arabia spontaneously declared war on me, what is preventing Germany or USA to do the same? I would crumble easily under that threat and the game would be lost because the AI is too sensitive.

I propose that the AI become less sensitive, or at least that the thresh-hold be higher in HWW maps before they start declaring war (if I had invaded six countries by day five, for instance). I believe for the smaller nations who are trying to be competitive with the larger ones, it is necessary to have more lenience on the part of the AI in order to give every player AT LEAST a shot at winning. I would have a shot at winning if I were able to trade and didn't have to go way out of my way to fight a nation who is spontaneously declaring war on me.

Thank you for your consideration,
      GGBugh

P.s. I wrote this and then pasted it here, since writing Finland and Egypt have declared war on me as well without any prompted action except I took Mermansk and one province in Saudi Arabia.
    • WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

Are you at war with multiple countries at the same time? I try to attack and conquer one country before moving on to the next and rarely get attacked by AI countries that way.
      Been doing the same as wabbit lately- one country at a time instead of two or more. Been having less issues with AI embargoing and going to war since then. Wins are taking longer, but ce la vie ... 8)
    • I'm playing in a tutorial round and the same thing has happened to me again. I was finishing up one war and practically everyone but the dude in my coalition were IA, I attack Romania and the immediate next day I went from one of the most popular nations to one of the most hated. In the days since, I have had almost every AI give me trade embargo and one has declared war and attacked me.