Pinned The Open Bar Chatroom

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Suna232 wrote:

DOMORIAMORAMOR wrote:

You're right, you're damn right, you're a blood brother now, you're from the nineteen, is there a 19 club here? It's time to open it. :beer:
      I don’t think there is but it should haha!!To the 19s :beer:

Suna232 wrote:

DOMORIAMORAMOR wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

I played IO1919 before. I love my flamethrowers but it seems they've been removed a whole ago.
      Yes, they used to be when the game was called Tesla War / Supremacy 1: The Great War
      first Bytro game I played :')
      These versions were great. Especially the torpedoes and the Machine Gunner defense unit :) :(
    • New

russ_russ1 wrote:

Whatever CarKing wrote that’s like an essay, I ain’t readin all dat.

russ_russ1 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

“The state of Russia's road system ranks 136th out of 144 countries evaluated. Rustam Minnikhanov, the president of Tatarstan and head of the State Council working group on roads, told the Novosibirsk meeting that 53 percent of federal highways and 63 percent of regional ones are substandard and that the situation is growing worse: Every year, the number of cars in Russia rises by six percent, but the highway system expands only 2200 kilometers. The Kremlin leader blamed this on corruption, the lack of oversight, and the failure to update standards set 30 years ago.[11] According to the Russian Federal State Statistics Service the road network expanded by 504,000 kilometers between 2003 and 2015, though this is largely due to the registration of previously ownerless roads.[12

Overall, the road system doesn’t seem to be doing well. 136th places it behind way to many countries…

Still, everyone knows that Russia has its strengths in its railways.

“Russia has the world's third-largest railwaynetwork, behind only the United States and China,[2] with a total track length of 85,600 kilometres (53,200 mi) as of 2019.[3] It uses a broad rail gauge of 1,520 mm(4 ft 11+27⁄32 in). Electrified track accounts for around half of the Russian railway network — totalling 43,800 kilometres (27,200 mi)[3] — but carries the majority of railway traffic.[4]

Russian Railways, the state-owned national rail carrier, is one of the world's largest transport companies, enjoying a monopolyover rail transport in Russia. Established in 1992, it employs an estimated 950,000 people, and accounted for 2.5% of the entire national GDP in 2009.[5][6] In 2007 alone, Russian Railways carried a total of 1.3 billion passengers[7] and 1.3 billion tons of freight[8]on its common-carrier routes.“

At first it sounds impressive, but behind the US? America doesn’t even have real rail transport . What railways??

Why, industrial railways that carry goods, of course! In this case, Russia has great quality in that regard. Russia also uses its trains for trans-national transportation. The Siberian railway is great for going city to city across the country. Still, freight is far, far more important in this case.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_transport_in_Russia

“Like most railways, rail transport in Russia carries both freight and passengers. It is one of the most freight-dominant railways in the world, behind only Canada, the United States, and Estonia in the ratio of freight ton-kilometers to passenger-kilometers. However, per head of population intercity passenger travel is far greater than the United States (which has the lowest long-distance passenger train usages in the developed world).“

This makes some sense. The U.S. and Canada are well known for their hatred of all public transportation. As for Estonia, it’s Estonia. Still, it seems that most of this extensive railway infrastructure gets used for freight and stuff unrelated to public transportation. The distinction should be made that while this massive network has much people transport, it’s mostly goods transport.

“The SA3 coupler[16] (Soviet Automatic coupler, model 3) used in Russia has several advantages over the Janney coupler used in the United States.[17]

The SA3 coupler, while well-designed, has had problems with operating due to being made with lower quality steel, having a low quality of maintenance/repairs/rebuilding, and coupling cars at speeds higher than allowed by the rules.[18]

Very interesting. But considering that it’s probably smarter to compare Europe/East Asia to Russia in this case, I’m not sure how important this is. It seems like the case of the AK-47 where the thing is cheaper and somewhat less reliable, but still decent quality and great to run across a massive area.

Overall assessment seems to show that many cities are underfunded, with most of cancelled projects. Where did that money go to? Who knows. The Russian road network is of very low quality however, rated among the worst on the planet, 136/144. I ran into way too many cases of potholes and crashes in experience as well. Still, Russian rail network is rather excellent, though it seems to be slower and less advanced than in Europe and East Asia. Still, apparently there are less delays. Long distance travel seems to be the greatest strength, with things being mostly smooth in that regard. However shorter distance tram and rail travel seems to be on a smaller scale and a bit more difficult than in other countries. Many cities have vast arrays of cases of cancelled projects meant to improve the transportation system, and considering that Russia has rather vast financial reserves and a grand supply of resources, (at least before the war) the reasoning is not too strong here. Corruption and wealth inequality seem to be the biggest issues here… the well educated, hardworking, and resource rich Russian people honestly should doing better than this, as they have all the definite capabilities to catch up to the rest of the developed world. The question of is this all “good enough” obviously depends from city to city and experiences, but from what I’ve seen from most of these sources and Russians I have watched or spoken to, it’s all less advanced than its competitors, underfunded, and apart from railways (which are mostly adequate) could be waaay better.
      small issue, no one read that and we do not care
      Awww is the little baby illiterate? Too bad. Go back to your hole… you don’t even know what > means.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • New

russ_russ1 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

“The state of Russia's road system ranks 136th out of 144 countries evaluated. Rustam Minnikhanov, the president of Tatarstan and head of the State Council working group on roads, told the Novosibirsk meeting that 53 percent of federal highways and 63 percent of regional ones are substandard and that the situation is growing worse: Every year, the number of cars in Russia rises by six percent, but the highway system expands only 2200 kilometers. The Kremlin leader blamed this on corruption, the lack of oversight, and the failure to update standards set 30 years ago.[11] According to the Russian Federal State Statistics Service the road network expanded by 504,000 kilometers between 2003 and 2015, though this is largely due to the registration of previously ownerless roads.[12

Overall, the road system doesn’t seem to be doing well. 136th places it behind way to many countries…

“Russia has the world's third-largest railwaynetwork, behind only the United States and China,[2] with a total track length of 85,600 kilometres (53,200 mi) as of 2019.[3] It uses a broad rail gauge of 1,520 mm(4 ft 11+27⁄32 in). Electrified track accounts for around half of the Russian railway network — totalling 43,800 kilometres (27,200 mi)[3] — but carries the majority of railway traffic.[4]

Russian Railways, the state-owned national rail carrier, is one of the world's largest transport companies, enjoying a monopolyover rail transport in Russia. Established in 1992, it employs an estimated 950,000 people, and accounted for 2.5% of the entire national GDP in 2009.[5][6] In 2007 alone, Russian Railways carried a total of 1.3 billion passengers[7] and 1.3 billion tons of freight[8]on its common-carrier routes.“

At first it sounds impressive, but behind the US? America doesn’t even have real rail transport . What railways??

Why, industrial railways that carry goods, of course! In this case, Russia has great quality in that regard. Russia also uses its trains for trans-national transportation. The Siberian railway is great for going city to city across the country. Still, freight is far, far more important in this case.

“Like most railways, rail transport in Russia carries both freight and passengers. It is one of the most freight-dominant railways in the world, behind only Canada, the United States, and Estonia in the ratio of freight ton-kilometers to passenger-kilometers. However, per head of population intercity passenger travel is far greater than the United States (which has the lowest long-distance passenger train usages in the developed world).“

This makes some sense. The U.S. and Canada are well known for their hatred of all public transportation. As for Estonia, it’s Estonia. Still, it seems that most of this extensive railway infrastructure gets used for freight and stuff unrelated to public transportation. The distinction should be made that while this massive network has much people transport, it’s mostly goods transport.

“The SA3 coupler[16] (Soviet Automatic coupler, model 3) used in Russia has several advantages over the Janney coupler used in the United States.[17]

The SA3 coupler, while well-designed, has had problems with operating due to being made with lower quality steel, having a low quality of maintenance/repairs/rebuilding, and coupling cars at speeds higher than allowed by the rules.[18]

Very interesting. But considering that it’s probably smarter to compare Europe/East Asia to Russia in this case, I’m not sure how important this is. It seems like the case of the AK-47 where the thing is cheaper and somewhat less reliable, but still decent quality and great to run across a massive area.

Overall assessment seems to show that many cities are underfunded, with most of cancelled projects. Where did that money go to? Who knows. The Russian road network is of very low quality however, rated among the worst on the planet, 136/144. I ran into way too many cases of potholes and crashes in experience as well. Still, Russian rail network is rather excellent, though it seems to be slower and less advanced than in Europe and East Asia. Still, apparently there are less delays. Long distance travel seems to be the greatest strength, with things being mostly smooth in that regard. However shorter distance tram and rail travel seems to be on a smaller scale and a bit more difficult than in other countries. Many cities have vast arrays of cases of cancelled projects meant to improve the transportation system, and considering that Russia has rather vast financial reserves and a grand supply of resources, (at least before the war) the reasoning is not too strong here. Corruption and wealth inequality seem to be the biggest issues here… the well educated, hardworking, and resource rich Russian people honestly should doing better than this, as they have all the definite capabilities to catch up to the rest of the developed world. The question of is this all “good enough” obviously depends from city to city and experiences, but from what I’ve seen from most of these sources and Russians I have watched or spoken to, it’s all less advanced than its competitors, underfunded, and apart from railways (which are mostly adequate) could be waaay better.
      Don't assume everyone is of your own level of interest in the world. I read it and enjoyed it, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • New

russ_russ1 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I did, I thought it was very interesting.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • New

Suna232 wrote:

Komrade Khrushchev wrote:

Did he actually betray you?
      First picture happened after second one
      first I thought he was bluffing but he spawned forts an 100 units then I managed to befriend him lol.
      Stab the bastard in the back the second you have the chance! Doesn’t even matter if you lose! He must suffer and have his ego blown!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • New

It is day 18,not early in game where gold can make drastic difference.
      Even after golding up I still have much greater army then his and his composition is garbage.I would win 100%.
      But I don’t want to ruin my k/d ratings when I don’t have to 8)

Carking the 6th wrote:

Stab the bastard in the back the second you have the chance! Doesn’t even matter if you lose! He must suffer and have his ego blows
      Фарис Синановић, Суна