Upgrading Subs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Upgrading Subs

There seems to be something wrong with interactions regarding upgrading subs (could just be units in general). I attacked a stack of 2 subs with 20 cruisers, did it with 10 first, then the second 10, and it did zero damage. There was also one 2 man sub stack that I attacked with nav bombers and it did disappear, weird thing tough it didn't get reported in the newspaper, not in the news and not in the casualty report so I still am not sure if it died or not.
    • The "bug" I know of is, when more than one type of unit dies in the same combat round, only one of them is reported in the news.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Z. Sakki wrote:

There seems to be something wrong with interactions regarding upgrading subs (could just be units in general). I attacked a stack of 2 subs with 20 cruisers, did it with 10 first, then the second 10, and it did zero damage. There was also one 2 man sub stack that I attacked with nav bombers and it did disappear, weird thing tough it didn't get reported in the newspaper, not in the news and not in the casualty report so I still am not sure if it died or not.
      that happened to my friend. He attacked some battleships with subs and the subs did 0 damage and All died
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317:
    • Destructo the Great wrote:

they can see it when it’s in combat
      When he described it as "attacked subs with cruisers" I assumed he meant bombarding rather than close combat, so my first thought was that the subs had been revealed via intel (spies or a patrolling plane) but weren't actually visible to the cruisers and thus unable to be damaged. However, looking at who posted this I'm sure he's aware of that and it's more likely this is a bug.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Destructo the Great wrote:

they can see it when it’s in combat
      When he described it as "attacked subs with cruisers" I assumed he meant bombarding rather than close combat, so my first thought was that the subs had been revealed via intel (spies or a patrolling plane) but weren't actually visible to the cruisers and thus unable to be damaged. However, looking at who posted this I'm sure he's aware of that and it's more likely this is a bug.
      if you bombard places where a unit is, it will be damaged despite being stealthy, so If you are fearing an ambush and have the time to bombard (a city for example) just do it, it will damage the stealthy units there and also damage buildings, and if anything present the defense will be more easy to conquer.
    • On the topic of subs and stealth, I just observed something you all might have known but I didn't. My sub was in melee with a bb and another bb was attacking me at range. There were no scout units to see my sub so I thought once the melee battle was over my sub would become invisible to the bombarding bb. However, the bb was still able to track me for about 15 minutes and bombard me. Once it got that one extra hit in, it could no longer see me and stopped bombarding.
    • When you set an attack onto a UNIT you can see (as opposed to attacking a PLACE), the attacking unit can somehow keep track of the target unit after sight is lost, and will follow it to the edges of the world until a new order is set (or either is destroyed of course).
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • No def not, sorry. Just that both planes and artillery go to the original target location. Planes will teleport to the enemy's new location (only if that location is within the plane's range), while artillery will bombard the enemy at it's new location (only if that location is within the artillery's range).

That's what I meant, expanding on your point that planes track moving enemies by pointing out that they don't change their target location but do adapt to the enemy's new location.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Always a chance I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure planes on direct attack go to where they were originally sent, whether the target was another plane or a ground stack, and the attack occurs when they arrive at that location, regardless of whether the target moves closer or farther.
      This is exactly how it is, the attack will suceed as long as the target is within operational range of the attacking plane,
      -counter reaches zero and plane within (original) range of plane --> attack succeeds
      - counter reaches zero and target moved out of the attackers range --> attack fails.

I would be surprised if this is different for bombarding units, except that their range is quite a bit smaller, but I have no certainty on this.
    • DxC wrote:

Planes seem to track moving targets, but when I specifically attack a unit with artillery, the artillery moves to the position that was defined when the order was given, even if the target has moved.
      That's true; but when it actually gets there and the target is out of range now, it will figure out a route to where the target unit is now, and he can fire on it again; then start moving again along that second order.
      - BIG DADDY.