ENCIRCLEMENTS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ENCIRCLEMENTS

Vote here! 23
      Agreed (10) 43%
      Not agreed (2) 9%
      Agreed, but will like to make changes (2) 9%
      You wasted my time, garbage thread. (9) 39%
    Encirclements were a big part of ww2 and in any war in general. It is actually quite surprisng that "encirclemets" have no value here. I think they should be applied. This brings a hell lot of realism into the game and I know some people will disagree with excessive realism, afterall its just a game. I'm not in the favour of excessive realism, but this will be an amazing addition and a huge update if implemented properly.

CONCEPT:-
    The concept is simple, any encircled army will lose some part of its health at a constant rate, as long as it is surrounded by all sides. An army needs supplies to run. Logistics are the backbone of warfare. An encircled army can surely run on its own for a certain time before supplies run out, then the health of unit will degrade. Only possible chance for the unit to stop losing health will be to attempt a breakout.

Going in details,I'll say every army will have its "Supply time(ST)" . This means the time till which a unit even if encircled doesn't lose it health for a fixed time and even regain 1/7th of its total health ( like usual).
    Smaller stacks will have greater ST and larger stacks will have smaller ST, maybe a mechanism can be added to extend the ST of any army.

WHY IT SHOULD BE ADDED:-

A lot of player stack an army of 30 units in early game in 1 single province which is very irritating to deal with, how can such a massive encircled reagin its health, this is simply against logic and very unhistorical.

This will be a very interesting concept, might even attract players. Players won't be able to use this illogical "tactic" any long. This is will make the game more fun as well. Players will come up with new plans which will be a thing to look out for.

Please submit your views onto this topic and let me know if you agree or not, thanks!
    TMC
  • Sadly, this is a very good idea, but I think it has been suggested quite often before, that's why this thread hasn't got too much attention.

Here is the link to a very good one that got 10 likes, t was posted in April 2022:
    Supply Lines
    President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
  • Bytro is trying to attract new players, which si good, but it comes at the expense of veteran players and the encouraging pay-to-win mentality (I think this itself is deterring new players) is killing the game, I think it's a good idea to get more complicated (not HOI4 level, or super complicated micro-managing) but some major added features then that would be good.
    President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
  • The Mister Class wrote:

Encirclements aren't complex at all, I tried to make it as simple as possible. Little complexity is what we need, a big update and they should introduce seasons also.
    I think seasons are a bit too much, and may throw things off. But encirclements are not a bad idea, though you’d need to have some way to define them. Is it land not connected to your capital? Any land surrounded by enemies with only a certain amount of provinces? Do ports prevent them? For example would East Prussia in the HWW map be encircled?

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

The Mister Class wrote:

Encirclements aren't complex at all, I tried to make it as simple as possible. Little complexity is what we need, a big update and they should introduce seasons also.
    I think seasons are a bit too much, and may throw things off. But encirclements are not a bad idea, though you’d need to have some way to define them. And land not connect to your capital? Any land surrounded by enemies with only a certain amount of provinces? Do ports prevent them? For example would East Prussia in the HWW map be encircled?
    Let's take a normal case, you have 5 provinces under your control which are completely surrounded by your enemy, if that is the case, you are encircled right now, remember you have no naval access. You're completely blocked, and rules of encirclement will apply. But I believe that there should be a certain limit till which rules of encirclement apply, after a certain number of provinces encircled, the rate of losing health will slow down, because let's say that you have almost all your country encircled, hence there shouldn't be much supply issues. Smaller encirclements will be more effective, cutting off a town should do more damage daily to the stuck unit rather than the same amount of units a big chunk of encircled land.

On the other hand, East Prussia is surely not encircled, as long as any piece of land has a coast and a port on it. It won't be considered encircled; it can be supplied through the sea. Ports will prevent encirclements.
    TMC
  • The Mister Class wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

The Mister Class wrote:

I think seasons are a bit too much, and may throw things off. But encirclements are not a bad idea, though you’d need to have some way to define them. And land not connect to your capital? Any land surrounded by enemies with only a certain amount of provinces? Do ports prevent them? For example would East Prussia in the HWW map be encircled?
    Let's take a normal case, you have 5 provinces under your control which are completely surrounded by your enemy, if that is the case, you are encircled right now, remember you have no naval access. You're completely blocked, and rules of encirclement will apply. But I believe that there should be a certain limit till which rules of encirclement apply, after a certain number of provinces encircled, the rate of losing health will slow down, because let's say that you have almost all your country encircled, hence there shouldn't be much supply issues. Smaller encirclements will be more effective, cutting off a town should do more damage daily to the stuck unit rather than the same amount of units a big chunk of encircled land.
    On the other hand, East Prussia is surely not encircled, as long as any piece of land has a coast and a port on it. It won't be considered encircled; it can be supplied through the sea. Ports will prevent encirclements.
    I guess that makes sense, but what if ships block passage? Wouldn’t that count as encircling?

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().