Satellite states

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Satellite states

Hello!

I have an idea to be implemented into the game. You could make annexed areas into satellite states. You could give them a new name and a new flag, and they would be run by AI. You could choose any annexed areas to be part of them. They wouldn't have to line up perfectly with the prior nation's borders, so for example you could annex Germany and make a satellite state of Prussia and Bavaria and keep the rest of the territory to yourself.

How would they work?

The satellite state would be run by an AI. Their relation to you would automatically be "share map" with you and you could choose their relations with the other countries. You would get 25% of their products, but they would keep the rest and the AI would choose what to build with them. The AI running the state would choose what to build and where to put troops in war, but you could cancel any orders done by them.

I think this would be a really cool addition and I hope it could be added! :D
    • Lolbeboparian wrote:

Hello!

I have an idea to be implemented into the game. You could make annexed areas into satellite states. You could give them a new name and a new flag, and they would be run by AI. You could choose any annexed areas to be part of them. They wouldn't have to line up perfectly with the prior nation's borders, so for example you could annex Germany and make a satellite state of Prussia and Bavaria and keep the rest of the territory to yourself.

How would they work?

The satellite state would be run by an AI. Their relation to you would automatically be "share map" with you and you could choose their relations with the other countries. You would get 25% of their products, but they would keep the rest and the AI would choose what to build with them. The AI running the state would choose what to build and where to put troops in war, but you could cancel any orders done by them.

I think this would be a really cool addition and I hope it could be added! :D
      Cool idea, although, I can see how this might be abused. Still, a bit of polishing and would be a good feature.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • It doesn't sound bad however I would like to know, since the game works on victory points by capturing urban provinces/cities,why would someone give it away and make it an AI?And why would someone capture territory,where they could enjoy all the resources,go and give it away and only enjoy 25% of it?
      I understand that a satellite state as a buffer between you and an enemy player might be clever but since AI are easily beaten will it be wise to leave the safety of your campaign in the hands of the AI(then your satellite state becomes enemy territory, I'll rather run my own empire)
      Also to allow the AI to build and place troops only to go rearrange it because the AI is doing something that's not agreeing with you would be time consuming and how will resources be effected?
      This is a cool idea if Bytro wants to change the scenery a bit (which I hope they don't) maybe if I give this more thought I might see the positive in it.
    • Vanrendo wrote:

It doesn't sound bad however I would like to know, since the game works on victory points by capturing urban provinces/cities,why would someone give it away and make it an AI?And why would someone capture territory,where they could enjoy all the resources,go and give it away and only enjoy 25% of it?
      I understand that a satellite state as a buffer between you and an enemy player might be clever but since AI are easily beaten will it be wise to leave the safety of your campaign in the hands of the AI(then your satellite state becomes enemy territory, I'll rather run my own empire)
      Also to allow the AI to build and place troops only to go rearrange it because the AI is doing something that's not agreeing with you would be time consuming and how will resources be effected?
      This is a cool idea if Bytro wants to change the scenery a bit (which I hope they don't) maybe if I give this more thought I might see the positive in it.

It would be really good for RPs I think.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Ok yes for RP,satellite states might come in handy due to the politics involved,it could be used for trade negotiations.
      ( I once played a map where I went inactive when I returned the AI has messed up my whole campaign LoL, except for the industry which I'm grateful for the AI upgrading it, I had to move units back to where they were and I had to cancel research upgrades I did not need and the useless AT the AI build I used as scouts LoL.)
      The AI will upgrade buildings and industry, produce units and place them as the AI see fit.I will use satellite states if their power has limits but then what will be the use then?
      I haven't played RP games so I won't really know...
    • Vanrendo wrote:

Ok yes for RP,satellite states might come in handy due to the politics involved,it could be used for trade negotiations.
      ( I once played a map where I went inactive when I returned the AI has messed up my whole campaign LoL, except for the industry which I'm grateful for the AI upgrading it, I had to move units back to where they were and I had to cancel research upgrades I did not need and the useless AT the AI build I used as scouts LoL.)
      The AI will upgrade buildings and industry, produce units and place them as the AI see fit.I will use satellite states if their power has limits but then what will be the use then?
      I haven't played RP games so I won't really know...

You should join the next RP.
      The Swedish Piers Morgan