Communist Netherlands (ACAI) thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Greetings, comrades! It has been a while, I have been busy, so I would like to apologise to you, my precious underli- I mean comades for your patience regarding the amount of posts on this thread.

So, last time we were invaded by Mr BBQ in Indonesia and it wasn't looking good.

Later, you will find out the fate of our Indonesian colony. But first- Wait, what's this.... a German Army advancing on Amsterdam?!?!?!?!

If you remember, I remarked in my last post that following the gains made by the Soviet Union, Finland, and Denmark in Imperial Germany, I deemed Germany weak enough to be overrun by an invasion from the Communist Netherlands (that's us).

Well, that assumption was made when Germany was inactive and before the AI had taken over. But now the AI HAS taken over. And, as we all know, the AI has a bit of a fetish for rocket artillery. (No photos, you'll find out why in a bit).

Supreme Comrade Talvisota was INCENSED when he (I) found out about this.

Underling: Uhhhhh....... Supreme Comrade...

Supreme Comrade Talvisota: Yes, underling?

Underling: Well, there is a colossal German army packed with Rocket Artillery approaching us.

Supreme Comrade: *looks out of his huge french windows in his palace which look out upon the whole city of the impoverished people of Amsterdam, having become so destitute following the rise of communism* Oh shit, you're right.

Underling: So, what do we do?

Supreme Comrade: We're leaving

Underling: To.....

Supreme Comrade: Suriname.

Underling: Are we going to evacuate the military?

Supreme Comrade: Nah. Let's go.

So, now onto Indonesia.

Defending Indonesia has its benefits and its downfalls.

One of its benefits is that it is a sprawling mass of islands, making it very difficult to invade.

One of its downfalls is that it is a sprawling mass of islands so it is really difficult for units to respond in major cities etc if they are not on the same Island.

Some random soldier from that 7th infantry regiment: Um..... seeing as Jayapura is under attack, should we cross the short space of water in between us and the city?

Supreme Comrade: Yes, great idea! How long will it take?

7th infantry regiment: Uh, like, 8 hours.

Supreme Comrade: Sorry, what?!

7th Infantry Regiment: Yeah, Bytro made it so that it takes 4 hours to get off a f*cking boat.

Anyway.

Because of this, and the fact that I had no resources and only militia for some reason in Indonesia, I was forced out of that region completely.

However, Suriname still carried hope. I had a stack of four heading for the inactive Dominica, and by splitting my forces I got rid of the garrisons in the Capital quite easily, and it was now under Dutch control.

But.... what's this.... a stack of SEVEN from a rural province in Dominica?!?!?!?!

I retreated my forces as fast as I could, but they couldn't escape the massacre.

And as if things could not get any worse..... the USA declared war.

With that, Paramaribo was taken and so was my dream of a Dutch Communist Empire.

Oh well. This was a really fun thread to make, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I haven't got any screenshots as it didn't really occur to me to take any screenshots while playing and as I have been knocked out of the game, I now can't.

So, any ideas for a thread I should do next? I'm thinking of doing a "Reverse Operation Barbarossa" Thread on a HWW map, I'll see if I can do that in the future.

In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your day/evening.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • I'm not mad at Mr BBQ because he invaded me. Invading people is part of the game, it happens. I'm mad at him because he agreed to a non-aggression pact and then lied about it publicly. A lot of playing CoW is based on trust, and that was just completely missing here.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate