Nationalist China Guide: Follow these Steps!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nationalist China Guide: Follow these Steps!

4]Hello everyone!

I recently joined a Historic game as Nationalist China, and suffice to say, progress has been quite decent. Let's look into the heavily colonized country of Kuomintang China, having an aggressive neighbour with a copious amounts of potentially hostile borders, including Xinjiang and Mongolia, with British Burma and French Indochina potential invaders looking to steal land from the Chinese.

1] Upgrade industries in one double resource province for all resources

This should not be hard since China starts with decent economy for the expectation of the underdog countries. It has about 500 of grain and goods and 600 of metal, oil and rare materials at the start. Immediately upgrade industries in Xuzhou, Xi'an, Jiuquan, Chongqing, and Wuhan. This should boost your economy by a lot. You should easily have level 4 industries by Day 5.

2] Research level 2 infantry, Motorized infantry, and upgrade Armored Cars (Medium Tanks to taste)

I researched Medium Tanks and motorized infantry first. You can do them in whichever order you prefer. Upgraded motorized infantry and armored cars will enable you to invade Communist China and see their Level 2 Militia.

3] Diplomatic Relations with Mongolia, Xinjiang and most importantly British India (Japan didn't respond)

Now ally with India and sharemap with Xinjiang and the Mongols. If Japan doesn't ragequit due to trash economy, then ally with Japan. Form a Coalition of yourself + India + Japan/USSR/any other country showing great promise (eg. USA, Australia, Brazil, even Mongolia or Xinjiang if they are willing to).

4] Production Buildings

Naturally China doesn't have any tank plants, but also Jiuquan and Hainan have no production buildings. Build one barrack in Jiuquan and a tank plant in Hainan. Produce Armored Cars and Infantry, while spamming Militia and Artillery. Keep in mind than Xi'an and Chongqing also don't have production buildings. First Industrialize them. Produce Tactical Bombers and research them to level 3. I don't believe this can take a negative toll on your economy unlike what @JesterTheSheep said in How to Get Started as Nationalist China. I believe this thread is outdated though.

Good luck!
      "Towards the submarine men, one felt an utter disgust and loathing; they were nothing but an abomination, polluting the clean sea."
    • I disagree with much of this advice.

To start, infantry and militia are redundant--pick one (preferably militia). Same for mot inf and ACs (choose AC).

Don't ally with neighbors unless Japan is both active and good (a rare combo) and you need their help to halt Japanese expansion.

China has a strong base economy but is lacking in units, so you should focus on research and production rather than industry investments. Days 1-2 should be unit spamming. ACs, artillery, light tanks. Maybe militia if you're getting attacked and need quick defense, and maybe interceptors and naval bombers if Japan is active.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Don’t forget to get naval bombers and ints later on. As they’d be good when you want to invade Japan or the pacific in the future.
      Yeah I'm trying to get Naval Bombers, I invaded Indochina but USA robbed the south part. Then I used Hue to get battleships
      "Towards the submarine men, one felt an utter disgust and loathing; they were nothing but an abomination, polluting the clean sea."
    • jubjub bird wrote:

I disagree with much of this advice.

To start, infantry and militia are redundant--pick one (preferably militia). Same for mot inf and ACs (choose AC).

If militia and infantry were redundant, then please explain why people haven't said this in the forums?
    • Well they mostly are. You should only pick one for your main infantry unit, and one for speed unit. If you do pick infantry, you can have milita for emergencies (like quickly making a unit to save a city from capture) but that’s about the extent of it.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Nobodyx2 wrote:

jubjub bird wrote:

I disagree with much of this advice.

If militia and infantry were redundant, then please explain why people haven't said this in the forums?
      I'm sure it's been said before. A glance at their stats will tell you that they have pretty much the same stat profile.