The most cursed thing you've seen in your game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Most cursed thing I've seen in my games:

1)AI units moving through stacks and taking out artillery.

2) Moving units,the arrows go from white/orange to black/orange to confirm the order and the timer starts ticking,then I leave game quickly but when I return an hour later, those units have not moved an inch, I have to give the commands again.

3) Artillery not firing,even if you give it a command or it's within range of enemy.

4) Revolts-maybe I'm a noob but I still can't understand it.The most buildings I construct is Propaganda offices.How strong/big must a garrison be in order not to revolt? I'm tired of loosing units in a province that revolts.Sometimes even with all three levels of propaganda office the province revolts.
      So what am I doing wrong that creates the revolts?
    • Vanrendo wrote:

4) Revolts-maybe I'm a noob but I still can't understand it.The most buildings I construct is Propaganda offices.How strong/big must a garrison be in order not to revolt? I'm tired of loosing units in a province that revolts.Sometimes even with all three levels of propaganda office the province revolts.

So what am I doing wrong that creates the revolts?
      1) I personally find propaganda offices to be a useless waste of resources I could be putting towards either industry or recruiting stations, since the difference they've made is negligible.
      2) The easiest way to prevent a mass revolt is to time the capture of an enemy capital to happen just before daychange, as this will boost every province's morale by 10%. (Although admittedly this can be for a given value of 'easiest'.)
      3) Usually I find a garrison of even one army is sufficient if it has a reasonable number of hitpoints left. By the sounds of it this doesn't do for you; I wouldn't know why.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

3) Usually I find a garrison of even one army is sufficient if it has a reasonable number of hitpoints left. By the sounds of it this doesn't do for you; I wouldn't know why.
      It is probably because his games last very long; I have heard the morale system really goes out of wack when there's no fresh supplies of capitals to take anymore. My games usually last under 20 days, so I wouldn't know first hand.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Lady Aragosta wrote:

It is probably because his games last very long; I have heard the morale system really goes out of wack when there's no fresh supplies of capitals to take anymore. My games usually last under 20 days, so I wouldn't know first hand.
      Thanks.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Lady Aragosta wrote:

I've been in a game that went on for over forty days. The last week seemed to be running into that problem, but I'd been all but conquered by Argentina by that point so it was hard for me to tell exactly how bad it was. The number of provinces I was getting back from revolts didn't seem that out of the ordinary to me.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • An AI Denmark is beating an active player Finland. Amotah and Carking and Claudio saw it.

Literally! It survived and beat Sweden and now the Chad Denmark is fighting Finland
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • TheZhukov wrote:

An AI Denmark is beating an active player Finland. Amotah and Carking and Claudio saw it.

Literally! It survived and beat Sweden and now the Chad Denmark is fighting Finland
      That all sounds rather similar to a story I told earlier in this thread lol
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Lady Aragosta wrote:

I've been in a game that went on for over forty days. The last week seemed to be running into that problem, but I'd been all but conquered by Argentina by that point so it was hard for me to tell exactly how bad it was. The number of provinces I was getting back from revolts didn't seem that out of the ordinary to me.
      I wanted to follow up on this and thank @Lady Aragosta and @K.Rokossovski .I was doing it all wrong.I've readjusted my game plan and I can finally say that in the past two months,the three maps I've played, I haven't build any propaganda offices and no revolts.I followed Lady's advice.Planned and executed attacks and capturing provinces close to day change and if I did capture new territory just after day change, I had sufficient units to leave in the garrison to continue to the next objective with a full stack.
      Basically I was an ID10T ...
      Thank you.