Intricacies Of Carriers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Intricacies Of Carriers

Do Naval Bombers work as an active scout unit still if they are sitting on a carrier vs. patrolling? I keep running into the issue of not updating my patrols enough from a carrier group when moving over large distances since there is no way to set the patrol to stay locked over the fleet vs. a fixed geographilcal point...I ask because I usually try to skip destroyer and cruiser research to save on time/resources and then just upgrade my NBs & Intcpts.
    • GingerParty84 wrote:

Do Naval Bombers work as an active scout unit still if they are sitting on a carrier vs. patrolling? I keep running into the issue of not updating my patrols enough from a carrier group when moving over large distances since there is no way to set the patrol to stay locked over the fleet vs. a fixed geographilcal point...I ask because I usually try to skip destroyer and cruiser research to save on time/resources and then just upgrade my NBs & Intcpts.
      Pretty sure that yes, they do still actively scout, but don't rely on it; your proposed method requires very high activity to work, and only do it if you're experienced enough
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

GingerParty84 wrote:

Pretty sure that yes, they do still actively scout, but don't rely on it; your proposed method requires very high activity to work, and only do it if you're experienced enough
      I don’t think they do actually - I have a vague recollection of either naval bombers or interceptors sitting stationary on a carrier next to a city, and I couldn’t see any units in the city. When I patrolled it, the second it got up in the air I could spot the stealth units there.

Having said this it’d be good to have confirmation from anyone? As I’m not 100% sure.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • I'm not sure of this one either. But given the small distance (and time) that the carrier sails through the vision of the plane before actually banging into the spotted thing anyway, this is hardly a solution to the problem of being offline. I don't think there are any real solutions to it.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I believe it is a no. When in airbases you always have to take off your scouting units (be it naval bombers or interceptors) to spot enemy stealth forces. At K Roko said, not any real good solution. Perhaps a protect feature should be added where the plane will always fly over and protect ships or stacks or even provinces that you choose… probably would become high command.

Only thing you can do is be online… check in as much as possible even for just a few seconds to adjust things. That’s the best you’ll get.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • GingerParty84 wrote:

I thought naval bombers only uncovered stealth units at sea, but that they don't work as a scout on land, much like an interceptor can't see submarines, right?
      My point was when it was parked it couldn’t detect the stealth unit, then as soon as I put it in patrol, even with the same circle as it was when parked, the stealth units were revealed.

K.Rokossovski wrote:

I'm not sure of this one either. But given the small distance (and time) that the carrier sails through the vision of the plane before actually banging into the spotted thing anyway, this is hardly a solution to the problem of being offline. I don't think there are any real solutions to it.
      Agreed, it’s tricky.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • In my experience, she was unable to reveal stealth units while refueling, but once refueling, Naval Bombers parked at Airstrips and Aircraft Factories have been able to spot coastal submarines several times.

In other words, I have witnessed a phenomenon where an enemy's submarine temporarily disappears from view while refueling, and then reappears once refueling is finished.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pod_than ().