"Whale"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 6thDragon wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I suppose he didn’t want his life savings.
      Bytro pays their volunteers with gold. I don't know how much, but I could see one of them getting a lot.
      But I have to point out that having gold doesn't make a player a whale. Using gold does.

I have about a quarter of that just from "watching" ads, wins, and achievements. I only spend if another is, but haven't been playing many regular maps where gold use is allowed lately. I don't care enough to count my cards, but I have 1,154 just of the ones that speed research up by 15 minutes. Those morale ones are adding up too.
      Exactly. I was a mod for a while and went up to 2M gold in no time. That was like 5 years ago; now I still have around 1M after fighting some whales with it. In-game wealth doesn't mean you're a whale, it just means you did stuff to get you an in-game fortune, though getting it by just playing maps seems a hard way to do it.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • That's pretty easy on the CoN and Homefront maps... I dare you to try on seven WaW maps though.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.