100 player private- hear me out

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 100 player private- hear me out

So, I was standing around at work due to the lack of anything happening, and suddenly an idea.

I understand that the 100 player map is server made due to the level of power it needs to run (or something like that) and also due to the level of skill needed.

So, as a huge fan of private RP, i always wanted a huge map. So I though of some conditions of a 100 player private map.

1. 10 player limit, as not to strain the system
      2. Non-ranked, stops boosting and achievement boosting.
      3. Due to it not being ranked, what had been Gold settings, should become normal settings. This different really bother me, but due to the lack of EXP from the game, charging Gold seems a bit strange.
      4. As a laugh, and maybe for other games, countries should be able to pick what 'Tech' they use. You might be England, but prefer the German unit skins: it doesn't change the game play, just what graphics you use. Personally, for private matches, this idea seems pretty cool.

While I understand many of you are not part of the RP side of things, just think about a private game with some buddies on this map: maybe it would be useful for training.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • If a person has enough popular support, I may be somewhat willingly to set up a game, provided you have enough people who still stay, know how to play the game, and it will be a enjoyable "competitive", as close as you can be to that, round.

The Role-Playerish bits you can do yourself.
    • wildL wrote:

PL has world map games
      I'm guessing PL means Player League?
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • That might be an interesting idea, but only if they manage to get the game bugs worked out. I had to finally abandon the 100 player game I am in simply because I got so big it became unplayable. Log on, whole computer freezes while the side bar pop ups load. By the time the side bar is closed, I get MAYBE one move in, and the next side bar pops up freezing everything again. Takes hours and hours and hours just to do moves that should take 5 minutes. Finally, even though I was actually well on my way to winning the map, having captured all of asia south east asia russia and most of europe, just became unplayable and I had to retire.
    • CzarHellios wrote:

If a person has enough popular support, I may be somewhat willingly to set up a game, provided you have enough people who still stay, know how to play the game, and it will be a enjoyable "competitive", as close as you can be to that, round.

The Role-Playerish bits you can do yourself.
      I would certainly try this!
      It's been a while
    • Redd Baron wrote:

That might be an interesting idea, but only if they manage to get the game bugs worked out. I had to finally abandon the 100 player game I am in simply because I got so big it became unplayable. Log on, whole computer freezes while the side bar pop ups load. By the time the side bar is closed, I get MAYBE one move in, and the next side bar pops up freezing everything again. Takes hours and hours and hours just to do moves that should take 5 minutes. Finally, even though I was actually well on my way to winning the map, having captured all of asia south east asia russia and most of europe, just became unplayable and I had to retire.
      Is your flash, java and browser up to date? Tried clearing internet cache?

Otherwise sounds like your PC is NOT up to date, lol...

The game mechanics have been changed and it is now easy to manage your country(if you have the right game skills and know what to build) even when you get big. It certainly helps to have two core oil provinces or a double and 3 wheat provinces, but it is manageable for any country.
      Sincerely, wildL
      EN Mod
      Report a problem

• wildL wrote:

Redd Baron wrote:

That might be an interesting idea, but only if they manage to get the game bugs worked out. I had to finally abandon the 100 player game I am in simply because I got so big it became unplayable. Log on, whole computer freezes while the side bar pop ups load. By the time the side bar is closed, I get MAYBE one move in, and the next side bar pops up freezing everything again. Takes hours and hours and hours just to do moves that should take 5 minutes. Finally, even though I was actually well on my way to winning the map, having captured all of asia south east asia russia and most of europe, just became unplayable and I had to retire.
      Is your flash, java and browser up to date? Tried clearing internet cache?
      Otherwise sounds like your PC is NOT up to date, lol...

The game mechanics have been changed and it is now easy to manage your country(if you have the right game skills and know what to build) even when you get big. It certainly helps to have two core oil provinces or a double and 3 wheat provinces, but it is manageable for any country.
      Game mechanics are fine. It's the ads trying to load mostly and probably the cache.