Ghost Armies Again

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ghost Armies Again

Alphared
    Armies of zero size remaining in provinces
    This has occurred at least twice to me in this game
    Seemingly this is occurring in only this game, 'that I am playing'.
    I do not know if or how many are effected.
    Killings my business, and business is good!
  • Hello, thanks for the report!

However, this is actually an intended feature. See below:

GHOST UNIT

Units with a ? have either been made into a stack or destroyed in battle. Refresh your page to get rid of them. If you see one in the dim area of your vision circle, it will have to be in the bright section before you can identify the unit(s).

More FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
    Pax Romana Communications Officer

• I agree, all the ghost armies I have in two different games do not respond to refreshment or leaving and returning the page.

As a FP I presume I have some right to ask the hard questions like....

Is this a 'game feature', or is this simply a bug that has been promoted to feature because it has been troublesome to fix?!?!

If the later - your problem is in the database interface - it is not correctly calling military units of zero strength (as in it is retrieving the data on them at all).

If the former, what is the valid point of displaying units of zero strength in a 'real-world' strategic setting?
  • StrangeTalent wrote:

I believe it is to show that if you were fighting/tracking the 14th Infantry regiment, this is showing that is was destroyed or merged, and is no longer called the 14th.
    Not really a valid reason to keep the ghost army visible... any good player knows who they have fought, and could care less about the placement of units they have beat... any new player would have learned to do this in their effort to be like the good player.
  • This has been happening to me in recent days as well. This is clearly no desired "feature" and is a return of an old bug that was eliminated months ago. Obviously, as Alphared indicated, this has to be a database linking error. Probably an offset was fixed months ago but either a re-merging older bit of code or else a re-creation of the error has occurred in database tracking.

Trust me, as a programmer, when I say that this is no feature.
    It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
  • Sir Smeal wrote:

Check out the latest "invisible" introduced with the latest bug fixes:
    Invisible oil!
    That IS interesting, BUT could we get a pic of the morale levels as well? Might help the Devs. and would illustrate the issue for us FPs interested in replication of the 'bug'.

I also don't see any province development, is this pic cut, or is this all the buildings shown?!?!