Removed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The existing paratrooper unit has some basic AA and AT capabilities, which come from the light artillery and machine guns that paratroopers carry into combat. It's all part of the regiment. The game doesn't represent every jeep and every bazooka and mortar and smoke grenade as a separate unit.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

The existing paratrooper unit has some basic AA and AT capabilities, which come from the light artillery and machine guns that paratroopers carry into combat. It's all part of the regiment. The game doesn't represent every jeep and every bazooka and mortar and smoke grenade as a separate unit.
      That’s a fact. Freezy said something like this; a lot of support stuff or detachments of units are carried like mentioned here.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

I like the idea of a transport unit that speeds forces up. Not only a paratrooper like unit air transport unit, but arguably more importantly something like a transport truck that speeds up towed units. Built in either TP or Barracks, and attaches to one of any tower unit (like arty). Maybe have it where you can convert from a truck mode to normal, but still have the same idea.
      I believe that the units represent a whole regiment-sized unit, viz. a couple thousand troops.
      These would include lorries or horses or other towing units.
      With level, speed increases presumably as a result of better motorisation.
      I don't think this would suit the game.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • That does look pretty daunting for a new player, but maybe it could go in the corner of the unit icon or something, similar to the flag. That way it looks nice and is easier to understand for newbies and historians. Although I do think that unit icons need a huge rework anyways since they are kind of disappointing. The game says it's an Me 262, but it's still a prop plane...
    • Commander Schleicher wrote:

That does look pretty daunting for a new player, but maybe it could go in the corner of the unit icon or something, similar to the flag. That way it looks nice and is easier to understand for newbies and historians. Although I do think that unit icons need a huge rework anyways since they are kind of disappointing. The game says it's an Me 262, but it's still a prop plane...
      I remember when there were no late game models for tanks! Adding sprites for all levels in every doctrine is probably never gonna happen, though late game models for them are possible

That being said having the option to put those in the corner would be pretty cool…

• also expanding unit designations

like please, 150 units sailing to bring the revolution to America are not the (5th convoy) or 90th railroad gun division. They are the 1st expeditionary force
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • how about extra range, same range as attack bomber could work.

In combat itself they arent that bad, if they need anti-air or anti-tank support, attack bombers or interceptors would do the job, but they are very costly for just slighty better infantry, it would be more valuable if they were better for their intended role.

extra range would be enought, more range than than interceptor/attack bomber range would let them very vulnerable
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • I think the most important thing is making it more likely for them to survive if successfully used. Most of the time even if you do something like capture a key city or airport that’s undefended, you still will probably lose those units eventually. That being said apart from of the suggestions given here like longer range or quicker mobilization I’m not sure what exactly could be done.

• z00mz00m wrote:

This makes it clear that we're talking about regimental formations, not squads
      Can't have nice things just because new players get confused?

Kind of a good idea but the tanks, ships and planes also look cool and they heark back to Risk or Axis & Allies too. We already have the diamond-shaped tag things. You can choose to use one or the other in settings although IDK who plays like that as default.

TheZhukov wrote:

also expanding unit designations

like please, 150 units sailing to bring the revolution to America are not the (5th convoy) or 90th railroad gun division. They are the 1st expeditionary force
      Supremacy 1914 has Corps and Army (a field army of course).
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks